Wavlink Firmware Update Failed? Let’s Fix This!
Do you want your Wavlink WiFi extender to work seamlessly? If yes, then you must perform Wavlink firmware update. But, what if the firmware of your WiFi range extender fails to update? Need not to worry! In this Wavlink extender troubleshooting post, we will help you get acquainted with the reasons causing the firmware update failed issue along with the fixes to get it resolved. Let’s hit the nail on the head!
Reasons: Why Wavlink Firmware Update Failed?
- You are downloading an incompatible firmware file
- Slow WiFi connection
- Your computer/ laptop has not enough space to download the firmware of your extender
- The firmware file got corrupted
- Technical glitches
- Sudden power outage
- Not following the firmware update instructions in the correct way
Now that you are well aware of the reasons causing the issue, scroll down a little and know how to troubleshoot it right from the comfort of your home.
Fixed: Wavlink Firmware Update Failed
Fix 1: Download the Compatible Firmware File
It seems like you have selected the wrong firmware file due to which you are experiencing the issue. So, for fixing the issue, make sure the firmware version you have downloaded for your Wavlink extender is compatible with the model you have. Note this, downloading the wrong firmware version might make your WiFi extender not work forever.
Fix 2: Make Some Space on Your Device
Ensure that the computer or laptop you are using is having sufficient space to download and install the firmware version on your Wavlink extender. If the device is loaded with unnecessary data, make some space by deleting the clutter of temp files and unwanted data.
Fix 3: Check Your WiFi Connection
If your WiFi is running at a snail’s pace, then also you may face the “Wavlink firmware update failed” issue. So, confirm from your ISP end if everything is fine from his end. Moreover, you can also ask the service provider of your WiFi connection to upgrade your data plan.
Fix 4: Do Not Interrupt the Process
It is a possibility that you have interrupted the firmware update process due to which you are facing the issue. So, it is recommended, when the process is going on, do not do any other online work or turn off your WiFi extender. Your Wavlink device will reboot automatically as soon as the firmware update process gets completed.
Fix 5: Restart Your Wavlink Extender
Sometimes, a glitch in the extender may also give you Wavlink firmware update failed issue. If you want to get the issue fixed while relaxing on your couch, simply restart your WiFi range extender.
Here are the instructions to execute the process:
Step 1: Turn off your WiFi range extender.
Step 2: Disconnect it from your standard router.
Step 3: Wait for a few seconds.
Step 4: Turn the extender back on.
Step 5: Reconnect extender and your router.
Try, to download the firmware of your Wavlink extender again to see if restarting process helped you rack up success or not.
Need More Help?
If you are still going mad because of the same issue, then here are some more Wavlink extender troubleshooting hacks that you must apply.
- Ensure a finger-tight connection between your extender and router via a working yet non-damaged Ethernet cable. Keep in mind, an unstable connection between the devices is the biggest reason behind getting the firmware update failure issue.
- Make sure to provide your extender a steady power. On the off chance, the power (electricity) went off all of a sudden while executing the firmware update process, then the process might get interrupted. So, to prevent this from happening, install a UPS instead.
- Follow the instructions to perform the firmware update process in the exact given order. If you miss even a single step, then you may get stuck with the issue. To avoid getting the issue, apply the firmware update instructions with a calm mind.
Now, we are about to conclude our Wavlink extender troubleshooting post with this hope that the “Wavlink firmware update failed” issue is resolved by applying the fixes provided above.